Aptima CEO Daniel Serfaty Nominated for NDIA Sridhar Small Business Executive of the Year 2020
Aptima, Inc. announced today that it has nominated its Principal Founder and Chief Executive Officer Daniel Serfaty for the 2020 NDIA Kathleen Sridhar Small Business Executive of the Year Award.
Established by the NDIA Board of Directors in November 2003, the Kathleen P. Sridhar Small Business Executive of the Year Award is named in honor of Dr. Kathleen P. Sridhar, a small-business CEO of uncommon ability and accomplishment. The late Dr. Sridhar was a distinguished businesswoman and inspirational leader who mentored others to successful leadership positions in the small-business sector of the defense industrial base. She was very active in NDIA conferences, seminars, and events, and eventually served as President of the San Diego Chapter of NDIA. The Sridhar Award is bestowed annually on a defense industry small-business executive who best reflects Dr. Sridhar’s leadership excellence and support for a robust small-business sector within the defense industrial base.
Daniel was nominated for his extensive contributions to the small business sector and the defense industrial base, including, but not limited to:
- Being a visionary who saw the need for the inclusion of Human Systems in M&S of complex systems
- Being a thought leader involved in new concepts for human-machine symbiosis
- Takes an active interest in mentoring other small businesses in the defense sector, including serving on boards of other small businesses to advise and grow them
- Is in-demand speaker for keynotes and panels who encourages practitioners to think about the future of a broad range of topics, from team performance assessment, to model-based experimentation, to AI-enabled work
- Actively develops new small businesses by commercializing technology developed under DoD funding and Government contracts
- Has created a thriving company from scratch
- Is an active participant in many investor forums and with the Massachusetts-Israel Business counsel, where he inspires other business to grow and expand
- Created Aptima Ventures, a forum where small businesses can engage with Aptima to ideate on business models and technology uses
During the COVID-19, Daniel has also led Aptima’s corporate growth, thereby averting any potential employee furloughs or layoffs. Since the pandemic, Aptima has hired more than 17 new employees and 9 interns. Aptima congratulates Daniel on his nomination for the Kathleen Sridhar Small Business Executive of the Year Award and is proud to have him as our leader.