World’s First AI Panelist
I/ITSEC Focus Event Brings Together Human and AI Panelists to Imagine the Future of Learning & Training
AI Panelist “Charlie” to add perspective on AI’s Role in the Future
Orlando, FL – November 18, 2019 – Artificial Intelligence (AI) is poised to revolutionize how we train and learn, but how? To picture that future one must turn to the experts—both human and AI itself. Join us at I/ITSEC 2019, the world’s largest modeling, simulation, and training conference for the special event “Imagine 2030: AI Empowered Learning.” This first-of-its-kind discussion will feature a panel of five human experts and one highly advanced, artificially intelligent bot, as they share their perspectives on the impact of AI on learning and training.
Just as AI is expected to be embedded in learning in the future, AI will be embedded into the panel discussion itself, adding an entirely new and unscripted perspective. While the senior expert panelists lay out their vision, Charlie the AI panelist, powered by the latest advances in AI, will creatively answer questions providing its own vision in real-time.
Moderated by former I/ITSEC Industry Keynote Speaker Daniel Serfaty, Founder and CEO of Aptima, Inc., the panel will represent diverse perspectives from the military, industry, research, academia, and AI itself.
The panelists include:
- Colonel Robert H. “Hammerhead” Epstein, USAF Commander, Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS)
- Sae Schatz, Ph.D., Director, Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Initiative
- Benjamin Nye, Ph.D., Director of Learning Sciences, University of Southern California Institute for Creative Technologies
- Ulrik Christensen, M.D., Executive Chairmen and Founder, Area9
- Charlie, AI-Empowered Panelist, Aptima, Inc
“AI is largely experimental today, but as it continues to mature and evolve, it will teach, learn, and collaborate alongside us in what have traditionally been human-only activities,” said Daniel Serfaty, Aptima’s CEO. “Humans and AI each bring unique skillsets, and their synergy together will offer more than the sum of the individual parts. Similarly, in this live collaborative discussion, we can expect to hear new and novel ideas about our AI-enabled future beyond what perhaps the human panelists or AI alone might offer.”
Topics and questions the panel will address, include:
- What will be the biggest transformations in learning over the next 10 years?
- How will Warfighters train for their jobs in 2030?
- What are the limitations and barriers of AI for improving training and education today and in 2030?
- How will AI be incorporated, not just as instructors, but as student/trainee peers that will learn and collaborate alongside their human counterparts?
- How has AI changed the way we learn and train to date?
While the human panelists, each recognized leaders in their fields, bring decades of advanced education and domain expertise to the discussion, Charlie brings its own impressive background. Built on the latest AI, deep learning, text to speech, and generative language models, Charlie will be absorbing data, understanding language, and making inferences to create new ideas about the future of training and learning. Charlie’s education comes from digesting and processing gigabytes of content to develop its language skills, and the full library of I/ITSEC conference proceedings and journals for its domain expertise.
After the panel, Charlie will continue the discussion with visitors at Aptima booth #2401.
For more information on The Interservice/ Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC), please visit https://www.iitsec.org/