Cognitive Systems Integration
Imagine what you can do better, faster, and smarter with an intelligent assistant
Aptima’s Cognitive Systems Integration (CSI) capability designs, builds, and deploys assistive technologies that augment the cognitive performance of humans in data-intensive, mission-critical environments from military missions to healthcare. CSI combines a deep understanding of complex cognitive processes with design-thinking and rapid prototyping to create technologies that fit human workflows.
These assistive technologies feature custom AI, machine learning, and interactive modalities to:
- Learn user work patterns and expectations
- Predict information needs for more efficient, insightful problem solving
- Enhance situational awareness and decision support
- Allocate tasks for optimal workflow and human-machine collaboration
Cognitive Systems Integration in Action
- Defense: From the millions of complex attack and response simulations run for ballistic missile defense, CSI helps defense analysts correlate patterns and visualize data to understand real-world defense gaps and those due to simulation models.
- Intel: For analysts parsing terabytes of data to answer critical questions, CSI’s contextually-aware searches narrow down and identify key information by orders of magnitude, saving analysts innumerable hours and steps.
- Healthcare: Intensive care unit patients and families often face anxiety, uncertainty, and limited healthcare knowledge. CSI develops healthcare apps that facilitate information flow and understanding amongst patients, families, and clinical support teams to improve communications and quality of care.
- Autonomous Vehicles: Operators of unmanned vehicles must quickly resolve system error codes to prevent a cascade of malfunctions. CSI’s multi-flow reasoning provides operators with intelligent triage and expert next-step recommendations to manage error codes and alerts.
- Maintenance: Complex aircraft involve a range of design, engineering, and repair personnel, all of whom touch on and affect interrelated systems. CSI enables team collaboration while reconciling the continuous changes in systems, data, and repair status.
Download the Cognitive Systems Integration brochure (PDF).