Adaptive Augmentation Technologies
The right enhancement at the right time… anywhere, anytime
Aptima’s Adaptive Augmentation Technologies (A2T) provide human operators with enhanced capabilities to improve their cognitive, motor, and perceptual performance. As a unique end-to-end framework, A2T combines real-time sensor data and analytics about the user, their tasks, and state to deliver the right augmentation at the right time. Integrating with a range of user interfaces, from smart displays to wearables to robotic assistance, A2T support users on the battlefield, in industry, or in healthcare settings.
A2T’s augmentations improve human abilities through:
- Enhanced Perception: Augments vision using automated recognition and identification, clutter reduction, and distributed sensor network visualization through augmented interfaces.
- Enhanced Cognition: Accelerates human decision-making and response times using dynamic information delivery, automated decision support, and human-machine task synchronization.
- Enhanced Motor Abilities: Informs and synchronizes exoskeleton and advanced robotic systems of user actions and intent to coordinate load, strength, or endurance assistance.
A2T’s AI-driven framework can be applied across domains, missions, and training environments.
Adaptive Augmentation Technologies in Action
- For the Air Force and Navy, A2T is helping assess the impact of new cockpit technologies on pilot workload, cognitive performance, and stress.
- For industrial settings, A2T analyzes data from human physiological and environmental sensors to monitor and protect the safety of workers in confined space and high-risk settings.
- For Warfighters and healthcare practitioners, A2T delivers dynamic information delivery to enhance situational awareness and decision-making when life is on the line.
Download the Adaptive Augmentation Technologies brochure (PDF).