Training Systems Program Manager
Aptima is seeking an experienced Training Systems Program Manager to join its Advanced Cognitive Training Solutions (ACTS) Division. The successful candidate will manage a major Training Systems Program supporting government intelligence analysis. As such, an active TS/SCI Security Clearance is required for this position. Work will be conducted at either Aptima’s Dayton OH or Woburn MA offices.
Aptima: In the age of technology, the human is the last frontier for innovation. Aptima’s mission is to engineer tools and systems that increase human capabilities. Aptima’s scientists study how humans think and learn in today’s technology-rich, networked environments, and apply that knowledge to solve problems and provide solutions in defense, homeland security, healthcare, aviation and cyber security. Aptima’s solutions span the human continuum from the micro to the macro – from the neural/individual level up to teams, large groups, and complete societies.
The Program Manager sought will be responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, executing, monitoring, and controlling areas of the program including schedule, customer, staffing, and financial cost management. Ensuring solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner, the Program Manager will provide guidance and oversight of subcontractor support and will represent customer issues or concerns for the whole program.
- BS degree, or above, in systems engineering, computer science, or a related engineering/management field. Other disciplines will be considered for candidates with exceptional prior program management experience.
- At least 15 years of experience on government projects/programs with at least 5 years as the program/line manager of medium to large, complex program(s).
- Experience managing the development and integration of training systems including:
- Managing firm fixed price contracts
- Managing program(s) with budgets in excess of $10M annual with responsibility for schedule, budget, security, and product quality
- Managing/leading large and diverse work groups including, but not limited to Engineers, Scientists, Information Assurance operations, network infrastructure support, and other IT personnel
- Excellent and proven ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with customer/sponsor stakeholders and senior business leadership of departments and agencies.
- Experience in the management of Air Force training system programs
- Program Management Certification, and/or PMP certification
- Experience with Agile project and program management methods, processes, and tools
- Familiarity with Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) systems and processes
Applicants must be willing to work onsite in one of specified Aptima office locations, Monday through Friday (no telecommuting or compressed schedules). Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/vita to email@example.com.
All applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Aptima, Inc. participates in the US Government E-Verify Program. For more information, click on www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED