Aptima, Inc. is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join its Advanced Cognitive Training Systems (ACTS) Division. The successful candidate will develop software for a major Training Systems Program supporting government intelligence analysis. As such, an active Security Clearance is required for this position. Work will be conducted at either Aptima’s Dayton, OH or Woburn, MA offices. We are looking for a highly motivated, innovative professional with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a product-driven software development or scientific research environment.
In the age of technology, the human is the last frontier for innovation. Aptima’s mission is to engineer tools and systems that increase human capabilities. Aptima’s scientists study how humans think and learn in today’s technology-rich, networked environments, and apply that knowledge to solve problems and provide solutions in defense, homeland security, healthcare, aviation and cyber security. Aptima’s solutions span the human continuum from the micro to the macro – from the neural/individual level up to teams, large groups, and complete societies.
- BS degree, or higher, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related science/engineering field
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing software in a team environment
- Established ability to architect client web applications and their server side infrastructure
- Strong analytical, problem identification, resolution, and reporting skills
- Proven track record of innovative technical contribution
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
The candidate must demonstrate professional development experience and proficiency with:
- At least two of the following programming languages: Java, C#, C++
- Web application development
- Object oriented development
- Relational database and XML design, optimization, and query
- Integrated Development Environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.)
Experience with any of the following would be a plus:
- Writing software for Learning Management Systems
- Writing robust and secure software
- Experience with SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model)
- Experience with Agile software development methods
- Scripting languages
- Willingness to travel
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
All applicants must be willing to work onsite in one of the specified Aptima office locations, Monday through Friday (no telecommuting or compressed schedules). Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/vita to email@example.com.
All applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Aptima, Inc. participates in the US Government E-Verify Program. For more information, click on www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED