Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Aptima is the market leader in optimizing human performance within complex, mission-critical systems. Aptima currently has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for the full life-cycle development on new and existing projects. We are looking for a highly motivated, innovative professional with a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience working in a product-driven software development environment or scientific research environment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Leading and materially contributing to all phases of technical software development
- Requirements analysis, design, implementation, and testing of innovative new applications
- Collaborating with a science based technical staff, contractors and customers to identify system and software requirements
- Writing functional and technical documentation
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a senior software developer
- Strong analytical, problem identification and reporting skills
- Proven track record of innovative technical contribution
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
The candidate must demonstrate professional development experience and proficiency with:
- Web technologies and XML
- Relational databases and SQL
- Object oriented development methods
- Visualization, user interface design and GUI development
Experience with any of the following would be a plus:
- .NET Framework, WCF
- Integrated Development Environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Eclipse)
- Mobile applications development
- Natural language processing, robotics, cyber operations
- Modeling algorithms, optimization, game systems (e.g. Unity 3D), web-based applications
- Distributed interactive simulation applications/environments (working knowledge of HLA and/or DIS)
- SBIR- and/or DOD-related software projects
Aptima will not compensate applicants for any travel or relocation expenses to fill this position. All applicants must be willing to work onsite in one of Aptima’s locations, Monday through Friday (no telecommuting or compressed schedules). Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/vita in MS Word to email@example.com.
All applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Aptima, Inc. participates in the US Government E-Verify Program. For more information, click on www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED