Improvement of Glycemic Control = Significant Reduction in Healthcare Costs
ADS has developed a comprehensive clinical decision support system—GlyCU—to support optimization of glycemic control in the hospital/critical care setting. Use of GlyCU empowers clinical staff to optimize glycemic control, leading to significant savings for healthcare institutions through a variety of mechanisms. GlyCU provides unique and comprehensive functionality and features, including:
- Intelligent and advanced analytics that provide prediction and identification of trends/patterns in glucose and other related electronic medical records (EMR) data. GlyCU has advanced predictive models capable of predicting a complete trajectory of glucose values up to 135 minutes in the future. These models have been validated using data collected from a study completed at The Ohio State University’s Wexner Medical Center in over 125 critical care patients.
- Advanced clinical decision support algorithms that leverages predictions to recommend insulin therapy that will lead to optimal glycemic control within a user-defined target range.
- Optimized and algorithm-driven visualization of EMR data
- Healthcare personnel-centered real-time and retrospective simulation and training capabilities where users of GlyCU can simulate the effect of a therapeutic intervention before committing to it in practice. This allows healthcare professionals to have confidence in their clinical decision-making and provide transparency in GlyCU-generated recommendations and predictions.
- Real-time and retrospective measurement/assessment of healthcare staff performance in meeting glycemic control goals at the individual patient and hospital unit levels.
The GlyCU User Interface
The GlyCU Patient View